Send the appropriate entry application fee to P.O. Box 702, Owensboro, KY 42302-0702. Clearly mark on your check the name of your organization and make payable to Owensboro Christmas Parade.
Paypal can be used to pay your entry fee. Complete and submit this application then follow link on right for payments & donations to make payment.
Parade early-bird application fee is $35 for nonprofit groups ($100 for commercial groups). Early-bird discounts end November 1, 2015. Absolutely no applications will be accepted after November 14, 2015.
Parade Details: Lineup numbers are tentative until the week of the parade.
Parade Rules: By entering an application on-line and pressing Submit Registration you agree to the following:
I/we have read and understand the following guidelines of the Owensboro-Daviess County Christmas Parade Association, and furthermore understand, that should ANY member/passenger of my/our group fail to adhere to the afore mentioned guidelines, the entire unit will be removed from the parade at the nearest intersection, and furthermore will not be included in any future Christmas parade.
- All units must be driven by a licensed and insured driver.
- All units must be decorated for Christmas.
- No throwing of candy.
- Only Christmas music allowed.
- No reckless, careless or dangerous maneuvering of vehicles is allowed.
- No actions that would endanger spectators along the streets.
- No profanity.
- No “light sticks” that resemble cigarettes.
- Your entry fee will admit two (2) vehicles.
- All clubs/organizations will be limited to four (4) vehicles (two entry fees).
- A GROUP will consist of no more than four (4) vehicles.
- For spectator interest, your two (2) groups will NOT BE TOGETHER.
- No advertising of drugs, alcohol or tobacco products.
- The Parade Committee no longer allows anything to be handed out except candy. Over the past several years we have noticed that material that is handed out ends up on the side walk. That’s a waste of money on your part, plus it’s a waste of the committee’s money to clean up afterwards.
- Each unit must display at least 1,000 Christmas lights (Except pageant members and marching units).
- All entries must be decorated with the Christmas season and parade theme in mind and be approved by the Parade Committee.
- For safety reasons, no item of any kind may be thrown from a unit in the parade. This includes candy, brochures, toys, etc. Please advise all individuals involved with your unit of this regulation. Violation of this rule will result in immediate removal from the parade, and possible elimination from future parades.
- All floats must have an accessible fire extinguisher on board. FIRE EXTINGUISHERS ARE MANDATORY!
- All entries must submit completed entry forms, the appropriate entry fee, and receive an official entry number before being permitted to participate in the parade.
- Entrants that include live animals MUST comply with the City of Owensboro’s pooper scooper laws. Large animals MUST be diapered or someone within the unit must be designated to deal with proper removal of the animal wastes.
- All entries must display a sign with their entry number, at least 18″ square, on both sides of the unit. You will be notified of your entry number 5 days prior to the parade via email.
- There is one, and only one, Santa and Ms. Clause allowed in the parade. They will ride on the official Santa Float at the end of the parade. Violation of this rule will result in immediate removal from the parade and baring entry in following Christmas parades.
- No commercial, political, or entries making a social statement will be accepted without prior approval from the committee.
- Entry fees are non-refundable.
- Anyone in violation of any of these rules will be removed from the parade; no entry fees will be refunded.
Any questions may be directed to our Contact Us page.