By entering an application on-line and pressing “Send Unit Registration” you agree to the following:
“I/we have read and understand the following rules of the Owensboro-Daviess County Christmas Parade Association, and furthermore understand, that should ANY member/passenger of my/our group fail to adhere to the aforementioned rules, the entire unit will be removed from the parade at the nearest intersection, and furthermore will not be included in any future Christmas parade.”
- All entrants must comply with the rules of the parade and follow instructions given to you by parade officials.
- All units must be driven by a licensed and insured driver.
- All units must be decorated for Christmas with the parade’s theme in mind and be approved by the Parade Committee. (Strictly enforced – don’t show up without being decorated)
- Each unit must display at least 1,000 Christmas lights. (Exemptions are pageant members, marching units, and other entries that have prearranged with the Parade Committee. (Strictly enforced – don’t show up without lights)
- Only Christmas music allowed.
- No reckless, careless, or dangerous maneuvering of vehicles is allowed.
- No actions that would endanger spectators along the streets.
- No profanity.
- No “light sticks” that resemble cigarettes.
- Your entry fee will admit two (2) vehicles. Vehicles will be placed together.
- All entries will be limited to a maximum of four (4) vehicles. (two entry fees apply)
- No additions, changes, or substitutions to the number/type of vehicles in your entry may be made on parade day. If changes to entry information submitted on your application must be made, please contact us at least 3 days prior to parade day for approval.
- No advertising of drugs, alcohol, or tobacco products.
- The parade committee no longer allows anything to be handed out except candy. Over the past several years we have noticed that material that is handed out ends up on the side walk. That’s a waste of money on your part, plus it’s a waste of the committee’s money to clean up afterwards.
- For safety reasons, no item of any kind may be thrown from a unit in the parade. This includes candy, brochures, toys, etc. Please advise all individuals involved with your unit of this regulation. Violation of this rule will result in immediate removal from the parade, and possible elimination from future parades.
- All floats must have an accessible fire extinguisher on board. FIRE EXTINGUISHERS ARE MANDATORY!
- All entries must submit completed entry forms, the appropriate entry fee, and receive an official entry number before being permitted to participate in the parade.
- Entrants that include live animals MUST comply with the City of Owensboro’s pooper scooper laws. Large animals MUST be diapered or someone within the unit must be designated to deal with proper removal of the animal wastes.
- All entries MUST display a sign with their entry number, at least 18” square, on both sides of the unit. You will be notified of your entry number prior to the parade via email.
- There is one, and only one, Santa and Mrs. Clause allowed in the parade. They will ride on the official Santa Float at the end of the parade. Violation of this rule will result in immediate removal from the parade and barring entry in following Christmas parades.
- All horse back riders MUST be affiliated with the Daviess County Saddle Club.
- No commercial, political, or entries making a social statement will be accepted without prior approval from the Parade Committee.
- Entry fees are non-refundable.
Anyone in violation of any of these rules will be removed from the parade; no entry fees will be refunded.
NOTICE OF PHOTOGRAPHY AND/OR VIDEO RECORDING
PLEASE TAKE NOTICE that the Owensboro-Daviess County Christmas Parade is an annual event that is videotaped and broadcast locally throughout the holiday season. By participating and/or observing the parade, you may be photographed and videotaped as part of preserving this event. As such, your image or likeness may appear on television, in the newspaper, on our website and/or on our Facebook page or other social media. As such, it is understood that you as a parade participant and/or observer will hold the Owensboro-Daviess County Christmas Parade and its board members harmless for the use of your image should it occur, including but not limited to right of publicity or financial remuneration.
Commercially manufactured/rented floats will be eligible for awards only…no prize money.